It’s been almost a year since VMware announced their much-anticipated and most feature-rich release of vSphere to date. The vCenter Server Appliance is the crown jewel in 6.5 release with several new features. It is flexing a new installer that supports all three of the leading operating systems (Mac/Linux/Windows) and a completely overhauled web client (say goodbye to the flash-plugin).
Bundled inside the vCenter Server Appliance are exclusive features which simplify the complexity of multi-cloud management, migration, backup/restore and updates.
If you're still on the fence, here are ten reasons why you should consider upgrading to vSphere 6.5.
- vCenter Server Appliance Reduces IT Operational Complexity
VMware vCenter Server Appliance provides greater performance and scale, native vCenter High Availability, ﬁle-based backup and recovery, and integrated vSphere host management and patching.
- Mitigate Risk with VM-Level Encryption
Policy-driven vSphere encryption safeguards data at scale across the enterprise data center. This applies to data at rest and in motion.
- Drive IT Automation and Business Agility with APIs
REST-based APIs facilitate automated operations for a more agile, modern data center.
- Secure the Data Center Infrastructure with Secure Boot
Protect the hypervisor and guest operating system by validating code with a digital signature. This ensures only trusted OS software will run.
- Gain Forensic Insights with Audit-Quality Logging
Gain insights regarding user actions so IT teams can better understand who did what, when, and where in the event of a security threat or anomaly.
- Maximize Data Center Resources with Predictive Load Balancing
Predictive DRS employs system usage patterns and analytics to maximize IT resources while minimizing CapEx.
- Modernize the Data Center with vSphere Integrated Containers
Run enterprise containers alongside virtual machines in an existing vSphere environment with no tooling or process changes.
- Prevent Downtime with Proactive High Availability
Proactive HA anticipates hardware failures and preemptively migrates workloads to avoid problems altogether.
- Streamline Management with a Modern HTML5-Based User Interface
Administer and manage a virtual data center with the responsive and intuitive HTML5-based vSphere client interface.
- Improve IT Compliance with Host Profile Management
Streamlined and scalable host proﬁle management enables improved compliance with policies and procedures put in place by IT.