Cut the NOISE!: Weekly Edition is our latest podcast that provides a weekly digest of items that are at the top of mind of IT Professionals. This week, we will cover 5 topics and a few updates from last weeks podcast that you can easily consume on your ride to work. We have also posted links to all of the supporting articles so you can dig in and read more on the topics that you find most interesting.
CTN: Weekly Edition - December 11, 2017
This week we are going to cover:
- Quantum Computers are being deemed as Security Risks by Experts
- Ransomware Incidents are up by nearly 2000% in 2 years and being used by the new "Cyber Mafia" as a Hit Business.
- Most Retailers haven't tested their Breach Response Plans even as the number incidents continues to rise.
- Bitcoin Mining is guzzling energy as its carbon footprint continues to grow
- A look back at the history of Text Messaging, which turned 25 years old last week.